Thursday, 19 November 2009
A native of Ohio and San Francisco resident of 15 years, Zach Moore was introduced to house music in 1999 and began DJing in 2003. Today he's known in the San Francisco dance community for his affiliations with two legendary Burning Man-based collectives, The Deep End/Rock Bottom (since 2006) and The Space Cowboys (beginning January 2010).
While it was house music that launched Zach's career, it is the combination of tech funk and breakbeat that sustain it. Among his main influences Zach counts Elite Force, Meat Katie, Dylan Rhymes, The Plump DJs and The Stanton Warriors, making him the perfect candidate for our UP & COMING series.
In 2005, as a way to stimulate interest in his fledgling DJ career, Zach launched a house and breakbeat series called The Gough Street Sessions which he circulated to friends and his handful of fans through e-mail. Today The Gough Street Sessions is now a successful iTunes podcast with listeners all over the globe.
November 20th - The Plump DJs at Mighty in SF with the Seismic crew
January 1st (his debut as a Space Cowboy) - Breakfast of Champions at Mission Rock in SF with Soul of Man
1. "Blow" feat. Mojo (Wrexx Remix) - Future Funk Squad
2. "Detox" (Burufunk Remix) - Lee Coombs
3. "Daily Grime" - Backbeat Soundsystem
4. "Put 'em Up" (NAPT Remix) - Beat Assassins
5. "Trouble!" (Deepcut Remix) - Soul Of Man
6. "Rude Boys" (Krafty Kuts Re-Rub) - Draax & Seavers
7. "Star 69" (Rogue Element Remix - Fatboy Slim
8. "I Am Sweet" (Ctrl Z Remix) - Dylan Rhymes feat. Pablo Decoder
9. "Back Up" (Krafty Kuts Remix) - Deekline & Wizard
10. "Insight (A Skillz Remix) - Fort Knox Five
11. "Do It" - Plaza De Funk
12. "Feelin' Kinda Strange" (Bass Kleph & Nick Thayer Remix) - Drumattic Twins
13. "Happy" (Go Home Productions Remix) - Max Sedgley
If It Ain't Broke, Fix It! (MP3 Version)
If It Ain't Broke, Fix It! (M4A Version) (with chapter markers)